Prototyping

I've tried a few different game jams and failed every time because I started with trying to make the graphics look great from the start.  This took a lot of time and by the time I got to programming, I either had no time left or the graphics didn't fit.  With Plaguebearer, I was able to finish a game by starting with simple cubes and some prototyping assets.

I'll use the same approach with Project Mimir.  Using some simple low-poly assets, I've thrown together a simple version of the starship in about 20 minutes.  Cubes stand in for doors, objects, characters, aliens, and they'll be replaced with models later.  This way, if I don't get to production graphic stage, there's at least something to play.

Nothing creepy yet, but it's coming....

XSM Mimir prototype
Connector tunnel
Tube room


Comments

Popular Posts